We thought we would start of the year with a low key picnic day with some social riding and an opportunity to meet and great other riders.
This is a free event and all are welcome.
Gates will open at 8:30
From 9am we will get organised into some groups.
– Got some little kids interested in riding but not sure what the course is like or which way to go? We can show you and them around.
– Does your child turn 13 this year, it means they will now be racing in the u15s so this is the prefect opportunity to have experienced riders show them around the course and how to tackle those tricky sections.
– Beginner or never been to Yellomundee before and not sure where to go? We can show you around.
– Into gravity enduro? There will be some riders doing push runs.
– Experienced rider at Yellomundee? Join up with other experienced riders.
– If you’ve never raced withus, there will be an introduction so you know what happens on race days.
Regroup for lunch(BYO) at 12pm
Gates locked 1:30pm
Lunch, Water. Seating and Shade if needed.
Take your rubbish home.
Toilets will be down at Shaws Farm Shelter if needed.
Social media tags #WSMTB and #WSMTBXC
Tweets by WSMTB
Yellomundee One Eighty
The Yellomundee Regional Park lies within the traditional territory of the Boorooberongal clan of the Darug people and it’s name recognises the Aboriginal cultural significance of the area.
Yellomundee (also spelt Yarramundi) was a ‘clever man’ and a leader of the Darug people in the early days of European settlement.
The park protects many special Aboriginal sites; demonstrating their connection to this ancient landscape and continues to be an important place for Aboriginal people today.
On September 22nd we will be racing for 180minutes.
Solo Catergories $20:
Masters 40+ Men
Masters 40+ Women
Under 17’s Men
Under 17’s Women
Single Speed Men
Single Speed Women
Team Categories $40 (2 – 4 riders)
U13’s – Shorter Track
8:30am – Rego opens
9:45am – Pre-race briefing
10am – Race Starts
1pm – No More laps, Riders on track finish their current lap.
1:45pm – Presentation.
On the day, your MTBA race membership must be shown or a day licence must be purchased.
Juniors U19 $20
Seniors 19+ $33
Recreation Member upgrade $15
BMXA, CA or TA Race Licence Holders $15
Camping Saturday night will be available at Shaws Creek from 12 noon. https://goo.gl/maps/RsRdVCRUBfP2
We will have a community dinner and social night ride so bring lights.
Relocating to the central event centre in the morning.
There is no tap water available, please bring adequate water to the event.
No bins are provided, please take your rubbish home and help keep the park clean
Big thanks to our event sponsor Bikeminded
Posting photos? Use these social media tags #WSMTB, #WSMTBXC, #Yellomundee180